Friday, February 11, 2011

All in a Days Work

Kicking off the spring with a perfect day, Ryan and I ventured off into the high country boulders outside of Boone. We rolled first over to Lower Area E right off 221. After just a few attempts Ryan was quick to the send of Pop (V10). After a few hard goes and in attempt to save some skin I gave up on the climb and we checked out an unknown problem (V8) that came out from under a roof to slopey lip pinch and followed by the crux of a large throw to a precise edge on the face. Ryan, after just a number of attempts quickly figured out the moves and pieced it together. To further Ryan's thunder we made our way down 221 to Ominous Roof (V9). Before I had time to take off my jacket Ryan pulled off yet another impressive send! After figuring out the start move I reached the mantle and teetered off the top... 4 times... Finally I threw in the towel and Ryan took me over to Bedophile (V8). I was psyched to check it out but couldn't figure out the move to the lip and had bigger fish to fry. Last stop of the day Ryan and I trekked up to the Mushroom boulder at Blowing Rock. After an icey entrance we dropped pads underneath Portobello (V9). I hopped on the climb and quickly repeated! Ryan, after just a few go's, made it to the sloper right before the lip. After trying the lip move to no avail we decided to give Kill By Numbers (V8?) a few burns. The psych level was low on this problem and we decided to make one more stop at Preferential Treatment (V10). Ryan was quick to make it to the crux, which will take some figuring out. He managed to hold a skeptical left heel and cross into the final left undercling before the lip. Although V10 seems far fetched in my mind, this climb seems within reach and am psyched to go back out to work it!

No comments:

Post a Comment