Saturday, February 19, 2011

Boone is Beautiful.

Yesterday Dalen, Tilley, Taylor, Kevin, Sam and I rolled over to Blowing Rock to get back on Room with a View. The holds were feeling subpar due to the humidity outside. Kevin managed to do the stand (V8).

The next day (today) Josh, Tilley, and I went out to Lost Cove. The weather was incredible! Perfect temps, breezy, and plenty of psych! Weve been blessed this past week with gorgeous days, go rock climb! After warming up Tilley quickly sent his project Lunatic Arete (V7/8)! They showed me a variant to Patio Arete called Heinous Crimper Sit (V7). The last move was a little bit of a throw but I was able to catch the lip and rock over! With plenty of pads we started working Matt's Prow. Once figuring out the moves and a nice long rest Josh was able to top it out! On my final burns I was able to catch the jug but pumped out. Im stoked to go back! This is one the most fun climbs I've worked in a while

Photo: Jay Tilley
Josh sending Matt's Prow (V8)

Photo: Jay Tilley
Matt's Prow (V8)

Tomorrow is going to be yet another beauty! I'm going to try and grow back some skin, recover, and journey out to Blowing Rock with the dynamic duo for some more pebble wrestling

By the Way...


2 From the Bald from Zack Silberman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment